Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Never Say No


You may call it bravado on my part but I usually try to give my clients exactly what they want. I learnt this from my first boss in Dubai who used to say that we can never say no to a client. If we don't have something that he/she wants, we can always create it for them. So this was the guiding principle when I got a call from a multinational company. They wanted an apartment for an expatriate employee for a period of six months, but in a part of the city where I did not have any property. Never one to say no, I said I would create a guest house for them. Accordingly, I set about scouting for a suitable apartment. And I found it in a day!

I spoke to the owner who was a nice, affable man. He seemed happy with the rent offered and said I could get the apartment by the end of the month, which was just a week from that day. I conveyed the news to the company which was in a bit of a hurry. But in a couple of days, everything turned topsy-turvy. The flat owner said his family (they were Jains) does not want to shift elsewhere, so the deal will have to be cancelled. I was stunned. This was a question of Dreamhome's credibility. Against all odds, I tried to salvage the situation. Requesting a personal meeting, I went over to meet the family and convinced them that their flat would be well taken care of. They agreed!!!!! And guess what? They were one of the best landlords Dreamhome has ever worked with.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, You are right Serviced Apartments are even better then a Luxury Hotel . Here you will get all the facilites just like wifi, ac, breakfast etc and feel like at home. it is a fully furnished service apartment.

    ReplyDelete